Eggs in hot gravy (Kodi Guddu Koora)
Eggs are good for health! Eat daily an egg! Give children daily a boiled egg! Eggs are..........errr! What Iam talking about? No No No....don'nt worry! Iam not going to say anything more about eggs than this. Since I know, that every body know, that eating boiled eggs as often as possible is good for health! For every body:-)) Indeed, most of us know the importance of good food i.e., what to eat and what not to eat etc. All we need is "Execution" which is most difficult part. We often face that problem. All the time we talk about good food and bad food etc, but forget to follow what we say to others. Well, here I don'nt say that one should stop saying to others about good things what we know. After all, god gave us this gift of communicating with others, to spread good things. But, before saying to others, lets do first and then say!! What do you say?? Hope you all agree with me. Now I stop here and proceed to the recipe before I my self deviate from one topic to another:-) Ok! Coming to the recipe,this is another egg curry yet very simple one to prepare. The name "hot gravy" since, almost all the ingredients used are in paste form adding required spices making the gravy hot. This is another dish which will be perfect to serve for a lunch or dinner party. So lets get into the recipe.
- Boil eggs untill they are completely cooked ;remove skin and keep aside.
- Cut onions and tomatoes roughly and make puree of each separately(do not add any water here).
- Take a container. Heat oil. Add cumin seeds.(here instead of cumin seeds, you can also add cuimn powder ). Once they start spluttering add curry leaves and wait till they turn crispy. Add green chillies and fry for a second.
- Add onion paste and fry till it turns light brown in color. Here it takes more time than usually you fry onions.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 1 minute. Add tomato puree and salt. Mix well and cook untill all the water part evaporates.
- Add all other spices stated as red chilli powder; garam masala powder; coriander powder. Mix all well togeather.
- Cut eggs into half and add them in this gravy. Mix well once. Close the lid and allow to cook on medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes roughly. So that eggs get this spicy masala into it.
- Once you see the gravy is togeather leaving sorroundings of the container, add yogurt and mix well. See no lumps are formed here and eggs are not broken further. Allow to cook on low flame for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add fresh cilantro. Mix well. Keep on sim for few 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Serve hot with plain rice or any pulav or mixed vege rice or naan or biryaani or simple roti or pulkha. Goes well with all thease.