Simple Black Eye Beans Salsa (Alasanda guggulu )
"Beans salsa" sounds healthy right? Yes!! it is a very healthy snack and also can be very light meal anytime. It is also good for those who are trying hard to reduce all that extra fat. Unlike using any of sauce in salsa, I made this giving like spice touch. Its simple to prepare any enjoy anytime. If you have less patience or no time or want to eat healthy , then you are at right destination. Lets see the preapration.......
- Black Eye Beans (Alasandalu) 1 cup
- Tomato medium sized 1
- Black pepper 1/4 tsp
- Dry Red chillies 2
- Onion 1 medium sized (or half if it is big one)
- Tamarind Juice 1tbsp(thick juice --I used one which we use to pake pulusu pulihora) or( 2 tsp lime juice)
- Fresh Cilantro 1 tbsp
- Soak beans over night. Wash next day in cold water and pressure cook with little salt upto two whistels.
- Drain any water and allow to cool down.
- Meanwhile, cut onions and tomatoes into small pieces and set aside separately.
- Take beans in a large bowl. Crush red chillies and mix with beans.
- Also mix tamarind juice or lime juice and refrigerate for 1/2 hr.
- Just before serving, remove and mix with tomatoes, onions, cilantro and desired pepper and salt.
Note: Beans can be substituted with any kind of other means or murmura (puffed rice). Red chillies instead of green chillies really got that spice I needed in my dish. You can always vary salt and spice according to your taste. So enjoy this simple diet.