Vegetarian Kheema ( Minced Soya Curry)
I named this dish as Veg-Kheema though it is a pure vegeretarian dish, because it looks like kheema curry(non-veg dish cooked with minced mutton). Not only that all other ingredients which I have used here to cook this dish are or can be used in non-veg kheema also. I gave this name when my mother used to cook this dish. As I said in my another soya granules post, I love adding thease granules in any dish. This is another version of soya granules. As you all liked soya-methi curry, Iam sure you will love this too. By this time as far as my knowledge many of you might be aware of different version with soya chunks or soya granules. Try this too if you did not. Here it goes.....
Soya granules 1cup
Tomatoes 2 to 3 meduim size
Onion 1 medium size
Ginger & Garlic paste 1tsp each
Turmeric powder 1tsp
Chilli powder 2 tsp
Salt a/c to taste
Dhaniya or Coriander powder 1 tsp
Garam masala 1/2 tsp (optional)
Fresh cilantro 1/2 cup
Lime juice 1/2 tsp (optional if not adding garam masala)
Oil for cooking
- Wash and soak granules in warm water for 1/2 hr
- Menawhile, cut tomatoes into thin slices or make puree and keep aside
- Cut onions into thin slices
- Take a wide pan, heat oil and add onions and fry till light brown in color
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for 1 min
- Add turmeric powder and fry for few seconds, add soya granules by squeezing all water from it into the pan and mix well.
- Fry for 2 minutes. Add all other masalas including salt and mix well (if needed very little water ) and allow to cook with closed lid on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Now add tomatoes and mix well. Again allow to cook for 5 more minutes or untill tomatoes are cooked completely. (Here if you are adding tomato puree, then add it after 5th step.
- Finally add cilantro and lime juice and mix well and sim for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with hot chapathis or plain rice.